The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 11:19:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl Genius - Recent Discussion  (Read 105973 times)
Simon Hogwood
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Adventurer & Scholar

« on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:08 pm »

<link to latest comic>

So, anybody else been following the action lately? For those who need some slight catchup, Gil and Zeetha have gone from fighting each other (just outside Castle Heterodyne, within which Agatha is having her own problems.) to fighting some sort of automated cage. Today's page (mildly NSFW, thanks to Dr. Bunbury's Wacky Weave Distabilizer  Shocked ) ends the battle on a pretty high note. I think that kid's mum must have a little Jaegerkin in her. Wink

Also notable: just two weeks ago saw the so far only appearance of what may be the steampunkiest gadget yet seen in the comic: the Hand-Cranked Runcible Gun!

So, yes, Girl Genius has been kind of awesome lately. Plus, I think we're about due to see what some of the other players are up to . . .

"The laws of the land mean nothing to a man with a giant mechanical spider!" - Jake of All Trades

"The only clue to my secret obsession is one completely badass hat." - Jacob Squirrel
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »

I think that kid's mum must have a little Jaegerkin in her. Wink
Hyu think? Wink

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:33:18 am »

Any weapon that goes 'SPORK!' while firing sporks gets my vote!

PS: Presumably named for the Runcible Spoon...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:35:25 am by Herr Döktor » Logged

Marrock
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 12:44:42 am »

I must admit, for being one of the most annoying of critters, Krosp's solution to the dilemma is most effective if a bit boring and lacking in pyrotechnics.

I always felt that any problem could be surmounted by the proper application of the correct amount of high explosives.

I still say I could have won that school science fair if they hadn't decided to ban the use of homemade explosives... and on an completely unrelated note, I had the twitchiest science teacher to ever enter the profession.
clockworkskull
Gunner

tick-tock tick-tock, death does not knock......

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:21:45 am »

Krosp was thinking what i was thinking. The little girl just made it more fun.
Anders
Snr. Officer

Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 08:16:13 pm »

"Great. Now the crowd is trapped by the stalagmites while the FLAMING MONSTER advances."

Classic.

Actually, does someone fully understand Gil's current plan?  I re-read, but I think I missed something.
Marrock
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 12:28:33 am »

Mad boys don't plan, they act!
A.G.Morgan
Snr. Officer

Mechanocycle rider of Indian Territory

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 04:26:16 am »

I'm pretty sure the plan has not been revealed to the readers yet, so we must be content to watch it unfold.

While trying to guess at what the plan is of course.

I think she just has the same accent. As the Jaggers seem to be from mechanicsburg, I figure at least some of the locals would have the same twang.

Get off the tracks! Here comes the train o' thought!
Anders
Snr. Officer

Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 05:08:29 am »

I want to see what Agatha does with the fake Heterodyne.  Will she stop the castle from turning her into mincemeat?  Stay tuned to find out...!
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:43:54 am »

I doubt it. She shows a certain amount of protectiveness for 'her' city, and its people. Ergo she must be made a public spectacle to teach a lesson to any others, though I'm sure she'd feel rather bad about it, even good rulers have to show steel enough to not get walked over.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
SteamKit
Snr. Officer

Call me Kit, everybody else does.

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 08:19:45 am »

I'm pretty sure the plan has not been revealed to the readers yet, so we must be content to watch it unfold.

While trying to guess at what the plan is of course.

I think she just has the same accent. As the Jaggers seem to be from mechanicsburg, I figure at least some of the locals would have the same twang.

Dunno why but the Jager's never struck me as having an accent, because the language of the whole place there is supposed to be some sort of germanic anyway as I understand it, so they'd just be talking weird because they've got so much teeth!

-Kit

Allen Personal Translocation Modules: Why travel when you can arrive?

I didn't become an unlicensed surgeon to be called "Mister."
Prof. Brockworth
Snr. Officer

Choppy Warburton rides again!

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:41:28 am »

Gil did haf a very nice hat.   Cool

Recovering from pennyfarthing bruises...
SteamKit
Snr. Officer

Call me Kit, everybody else does.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 11:15:40 am »

Gil did haf a very nice hat.   Cool

Any hat that shoots fire from the top is worthy of admiration and compliment. That thing was truly wicked.

-Kit
Simon Hogwood
Zeppelin Admiral

Adventurer & Scholar

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 02:35:22 am »

Well, at least it seems Gil & Co. are making progress towards the castle now. Also, I bet the crowd ends up being right on at least two points, if not three:

Quote from: The Crowd
"And that's {Krosp} the Baron's dog, is it? And she's {Zeetha} the Baron's daughter! And those {Theo & Sleipnir} are your oafish minions! And you're the gol-darn Storm King!"
Silas P. Morgan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 07:04:46 am »

Wagh...... Phill was at the Steampowered Convention... well I couldn't go.... but I think I saw him (or maybe it was just someone else wearing a bowler).. at the Abney Park show afterwards..... I shoulda at least gone up and said Hi... even if it wasn't Phill.... but ...drat... opportunity's missed.....

Would it be too geeky to drive alla the way up North just to see him?

Oh yeah.... I go about every other month before I read Girl Genius....One page at a time just don't work for me... I wanna read at least a few before I gotta  go through withdrawals......

Dang good stuff.........

Fraulein Flieger
Snr. Officer

machinafatalis
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 11:29:21 am »

Wagh...... Phill was at the Steampowered Convention... well I couldn't go.... but I think I saw him (or maybe it was just someone else wearing a bowler).. at the Abney Park show afterwards..... I shoulda at least gone up and said Hi... even if it wasn't Phill.... but ...drat... opportunity's missed.....
Next time do it! They're nice people who actually like their fans, unlike a lot of the creators at Comic Con who sneer at their "fanboys". Like, huh, would those other guys have a career without their fans? Let me think...
I agree that the latest turn of events at Girl Genius is quite thrilling! A Spork firing gun that goes "Spork!" when fired. Brilliant.

Join us on SoCalSteam for steampunk events in Southern California www.socalsteam.com
clockworkskull
Gunner

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 03:18:01 pm »

Best line ever- "Hey, you kids. Stop hitting my house!"  Grin
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 03:39:08 pm »

Indeed!

This's getting to be even more fun than usual.
clockworkskull
Gunner

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 10:15:59 pm »

they must have had too much coffee today.... or the other day- which ever day they made that decision.
Marrock
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 10:23:16 pm »

"You heard me... I asked nice"

I've made folks cringe with a line very much like that one... of course, the last time I used it I was carrying a black leather satchel in one hand and a cinder block in the other and was grinning like a ferret on mescaline.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 11:18:11 pm »

Sir, remind me to never upset you.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 06:38:33 am »

If ever there is a Girl Genius tabletop rpg, i would gleefully play a Jagerkin! Simply to speak in the german accent and to be everything an orc wishes it was!
I also want a hat that says "Shmott Guy" in bright letters!
Marrock
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 07:03:42 am »

Sir, remind me to never upset you.

It seems that I don't need to be upset to make folks nervous... hells, I don't even need to be there.

Back a few years they used to sell these fake toggle switches with oddball labels and had double-sided tape on them so you could stick them to just about anything, so naturally I got the one labeled "Warp Drive" and stuck it to the dashboard of the car I was driving at the time, a much abused '78 ford fairmont with a factory 302 in it that had 'somehow' been converted to run on leaded regular (this was when you could still buy the stuff), and pretty much forgot about it.

So, a little while later I hit a friend's house to pick him up so we could go terrorize some small village somewhere and I find him sitting in the passenger seat staring at the fake switch.

I asked him what was wrong and he told me "I saw this switch here and I'm afraid to touch it" To which I naturally asked "Why?" and his reply was, to say the least, singular... "I'm scared s#!tless it might work!"

And this was even before I had the LeBaron with reentry burns in the paint or the Thunderbird that turned out to be more of a fire bird...

Oy... one of these days I really need to document more of my automotive horror stories... everything from breaking a car in half to running over my own passenger seat
clockworkskull
Gunner

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 09:02:40 am »

If ever there is a Girl Genius tabletop rpg, i would gleefully play a Jagerkin! Simply to speak in the german accent and to be everything an orc wishes it was!
I also want a hat that says "Shmott Guy" in bright letters!

Gurps has that RPG.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/girlgenius/
Simon Hogwood
Zeppelin Admiral

Adventurer & Scholar

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »

Yeah, but it's not out yet.  Sad  On the plus side, I would expect to hear some news about that before the current issue is finished, which it almost is.

In other news, Gil seems to have fixed his lighting stick. Is it just me, or does Tarvek look just a tad annoyed about being upstaged as the new Storm King?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: