The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 03:56:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Master Steampunk Computer Games Thread  (Read 111113 times)
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #500 on: March 02, 2013, 11:32:09 am »

Anybody seen the Divinity - Dragon Commander trailer? Looks interesting if you like wargames.

What is Divinity - Dragon Commander Trailer

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
Koenig
Officer

« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2013, 05:01:18 am »

Any more news on the City of Steam? I tried to visit its site but it is apparently in transition at the momment.
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #502 on: March 08, 2013, 05:31:26 am »

Nothing so far.  Check their facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/CityofSteam?ref=stream  We're supposed to be going live in April I think, or perhaps that was Greed Monger's Alpha...I can't keep games straight anymore, there's just too many.

On another note, Thief 4, just titled Thief, is finally being talked about.  There's a lot of dissension in the ranks of us older fans/mission makers at the ttlg.com forum.  Game Informer (April) seems to have all the info right now.  If anyone cares, I'll post some links.  There's a trailer/devs talking about it too.

Koenig
Officer

« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2013, 08:09:01 am »

Metroid Prime 3 had a heavily Steampunk inspired level in the form of Skytown. Steampowered robots roamed the city, Steampipes littered the halls, maintenance was automated, and everything had that rustic feel to it, It even used a rail system similar to those shown in the upcoming Bioshock game.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Walkthrough Part 10 Exploring SkyTown

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:10:34 am by Koenig » Logged
Koenig
Officer

« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2013, 08:13:43 am »

And I messed up an edit and posted twice...So Ill recomend another game that has a few Steampunk elements to it: Monster Hunter. More specifically a few class's and locations within the game.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:19:36 am by Koenig » Logged
IGetPwnedOften
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer

« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2013, 06:19:57 pm »

Apparently there's a game coming later this year for 3DS called Steamworld Dig.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Geoffrey, take their coats. No, not up the tree..."
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #506 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:28 pm »

Gaslamp Games is working on Clockwork Empires.  Looks interesting Smiley  http://www.gaslampgames.com/
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #507 on: April 09, 2013, 11:49:25 pm »

Metroid Prime 3 had a heavily Steampunk inspired level in the form of Skytown. Steampowered robots roamed the city, Steampipes littered the halls, maintenance was automated, and everything had that rustic feel to it, It even used a rail system similar to those shown in the upcoming Bioshock game.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Walkthrough Part 10 Exploring SkyTown

Goddamit! I really thought Bioshock Infinite had completely invented that, in fact it seemed to be the one true innovation. Given how derivative much of it was I probably should've known better.  Cheesy

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
Kilidath
Deck Hand

« Reply #508 on: May 08, 2013, 09:23:06 am »

I don't know if these could but America Megee's Alice games are fairly clockwork and Steampunk.

Also Thief games not sure is someone mentioned them or if they setting being late middles ages for the more into another genre, there definitely lots of steam power and even a religions devoted to steam mechanisms
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #509 on: May 08, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »

City of Steam is open beta this Friday:

So, how is this going to work and what has changed? Well, that’s exactly what we’re planning on telling you! As we’ve announced about two weeks ago, you’ll all be able to play City of Steam on May 10th. What we hadn’t announced yet was that it starts at 8PM EDT (GMT-4) for Collaborators. Just go to cos.r2games.com, log in and click the big button… or you know, use any preferred arcane method to play our game.

If you're not a Collaborator, then it should start at 10PM EDT.  There will be jetpacks, a new wilderness public area, and jumping.  They've also made bindable keys.  I do believe there will be a standalone client as well, but I don't know if that will be now, or later on when it's closer to launch.  They did get greenlit on Steam.
steampunknarwhal
Deck Hand

Steampunk Narwhal... what a wonderful combination!

« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2013, 03:42:55 am »

Some of the Castevania games seemed to qualify. Dishonored was kind of iffy, but a great game nonetheless.

See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
If you want to run and play,
Walk along the BEAM today!
                      -Stephen King's "The Wastelands"
mistygrant
Swab

« Reply #511 on: May 14, 2013, 09:34:27 am »

Thanks a lot for sharing this nice stuff..

:The grand essentials of life are something to do, something to love, something to hope for."
Thomas Chalmers
windpop
Swab

« Reply #512 on: June 04, 2013, 08:47:55 am »

http://ios.appsgoer.com/apoc-wars-8074.html
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:47 am »

I've found it incredibly hard to not rant like a nutter about the next gen consoles. Well one in particular but no I shall refrain from doing so. (I'm predominantly a console gamer so I care about this stuff)

I haven't watched the Sony E3 conference yet, it was just on too late last night. But it does seem from what I'm reading today, that they have squashed M$ and the Xbone entirely, with both price point and their considerably less draconian DRM policy for PS4.

And look what's on the way exclusively.

Koenig
Officer

« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2013, 01:20:49 am »

I've found it incredibly hard to not rant like a nutter about the next gen consoles. Well one in particular but no I shall refrain from doing so. (I'm predominantly a console gamer so I care about this stuff)

I haven't watched the Sony E3 conference yet, it was just on too late last night. But it does seem from what I'm reading today, that they have squashed M$ and the Xbone entirely, with both price point and their considerably less draconian DRM policy for PS4.

And look what's on the way exclusively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fNa55oZSsY

I can say with confidence that Sony won this years E3, while Microsoft undermined themselves. Meanwhile, Nintendo is stuck somewhere in the limbo between them.

In regards to steampunk: So far I did not see any Steampunk styled games in the news so far. Are there any E3 gems we missed?
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2013, 10:17:18 am »

Well obviously news is still coming in, but I wouldn't say retrofuturism of any kind has been a predominant theme from what I've seen so far.

Still another game I am excited about, which isn't Steampunk, or possibly even technically Dieselpunk given the time period it's set in, so lets just call it alt history (trust me, it's Dieselpunk allright) is this...

Absolutely loved the last one, and can't wait for it (and it's coming to current gen).
septango
Gunner

« Reply #516 on: June 14, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »

I didnt see it when I skimmed over this wich is a shame, so

echo bazzar, or fallen london (differant names for the same game)

one of the most well written and atmospheric games Ive played

Oh, I remember this place from when I first arrived....
I wandered alone but somehow survived...
IGetPwnedOften
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer

« Reply #517 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:57 pm »

I don't know whether to put this here or if it deserves a thread all of its own, but The Chaos Engine is getting remade on PC!

For those of you that never played it, it was released on Amiga back in 1992 (I think) and was loosely based on the William Gibson's The Difference Engine, and it was beyond awesome.

http://www.thechaosenginegame.com/

I am so excited I might just wet myself...  Grin
JasefK
Swab

Poland Poland

« Reply #518 on: August 05, 2013, 03:44:10 pm »

Hi, I`m totally new here. So I want to say "hello"Smiley

I represent Artifex Mundi -- a developer of casual Hidden Object Adventure games.

Soon our newest game: Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink will be available on PC

It`s stemapunk adventure game and detective drama featuring action element such hang gliding, impersonating soldiers and battling golems.

I hope you all enjoy it! Smiley and sorry that my first post here is about our game.

TRAILER

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink - Official Trailer

Here is some graphics:

Atlas Fishard
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #519 on: August 15, 2013, 09:31:53 am »

Anybody seen the Divinity - Dragon Commander trailer? Looks interesting if you like wargames.

What is Divinity - Dragon Commander Trailer

I have this on steam! this is so saucy, all units are either mechanical ground unit or zepplins and airships <3

all the NPC characters animations are well dressed as well!

oh did I mention how fantastic it is that you can transform into a dragon with jetpack ..... in a RTS game? (you move flying around and attacking, whilst your unit move around as well in real time)

Zorro
Gunner

Swordsman, Gentleman, Scholar

« Reply #520 on: August 17, 2013, 12:02:33 am »

Although the Kongregate online gaming site has a whole category of steampunk games, the two that have stuck with me are Remnants of Skystone (http://www.kongregate.com/games/FliplineStudios/remnants-of-skystone?acomplete=rem) and StormWinds (http://www.kongregate.com/games/HeroInteractive/stormwinds?acomplete=stormwinds)

Remnants of Skystone, a MMO platformer, takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting on a distant planet.  The artwork is charming and the storyline exquisite.  Unfortunately, the developer (Flipline Studios) has abandoned the game in favor of a more profitable restaurant series, but the community is petitioning that the rights to RoS be sold to another company.

StormWinds is a game where one has to defend against overwhelming waves of airships, and the action gets very intense.
Margareta Nordenswan
Swab

Finland Finland

Gravatar

« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2013, 08:17:00 am »

One of my most favorite games is Skyborn.

Skyborn - Cinematic Trailer

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat
How I wonder what you're at
Up above the world you fly
Like a tea-tray in the sky
Closet Steampunkess
Swab

Admiring most things Steampunk from afar

« Reply #522 on: September 22, 2013, 02:36:28 am »

SkyBorn by Dancing Dragon has nice Steampunk overtones, though more a fantasy leaning towards a Japanese anime bent. I got my copy at Big Fish Games. I know it's mild by most standards, but it might be more child-friendly; though some of the bad guys can be a bit grotesque (my version of gross is probably mild to some as I don't watch horror). I tend towards a lighter, story-driven game than first person shooters. I should also add that it is an RPG in the old style, as anyone familiar with Aveyond would know. lol great minds think alike. That's what I get for not reading to the end.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 02:58:34 am by Closet Steampunkess » Logged

There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Even for you, Doctor. - Charles Dickens 01x03
Closet Steampunkess
Swab

Admiring most things Steampunk from afar

« Reply #523 on: September 22, 2013, 03:14:22 am »

in reply to JasefK, I can't wait to try clockwork tales. Big fish has it now. thanks for the info!
WillRockwell
Zeppelin Captain

Revisiting history until we get it right

« Reply #524 on: October 06, 2013, 09:21:58 pm »

I just bought Bioshock Infinite from Steam for $13.99 and was immediately surprised how Steamy it is. I thought it would be some lab in the future game.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: