The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 11:37:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Master Steampunk Computer Games Thread  (Read 109192 times)
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2012, 05:55:41 am »

I've never heard of it before. It does remind me of The Darkness but even more relentless. A terrible script by the sounds of it, but the design looks great.

NecroVision

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2012, 06:12:34 pm »

Seems like the Polish company made an occult dieselpunk game before. Here's Necrovision. Set in the trenches of World War I, with zombies and demons. NSFW for obvious reasons.

I was thinking of that one actually , but forgotten the name, it looks pretty cliched but probably fun.

Ive been waiting for
Prey 2 myself
, the first was one was excellent.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:15:57 pm by 4_0_4 » Logged

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2012, 02:17:56 pm »

Sir! You are being HUNTED!

!

Rather splendid procedural landscape system., Hound of the Baskervilles flavoured setting, but with aristocratic robots.

"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #478 on: August 09, 2012, 09:24:09 pm »

Now with this sort of screenshot, Guildwars 2 HAS to be at least a little Steampunk Wink

~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Aleister Crow
Zeppelin Overlord

It's only an Unnamable Horror until you name it.

« Reply #479 on: August 10, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »

Now with this sort of screenshot, Guildwars 2 HAS to be at least a little Steampunk Wink

~Longeye~

Between that and the Engineer class, I'd have to agree.

'How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcome little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!'
Anastacia
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #480 on: September 18, 2012, 03:53:42 am »

I've started playing Guild Wars 2. My engineer character is only level 8 right now, but so far it's fun. The storyline I'm following includes saving a friend whose mind accidentally fused with a mechanized golem whilst she was piloting it. There's two rival factions who keep trying to steal technology from each other. It's interesting, for true.

I was agonizing for about the last week or so about whether or not I wanted to buy it, but my significant other offered to pay for half of it, so that influenced my decision, some.
elShoggotho
« Reply #481 on: September 20, 2012, 05:46:35 am »

I won't give NCsoft even a single cent until City of Heroes is saved - and neither should you.
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #482 on: September 20, 2012, 07:09:18 am »

Guild Wars 2 is getting quite steamy as I progress.  I have a level 60 engineer.  I also have a full complement of weapons that are "Steam ____" scattered among all my characters.  There are googles for Human Light Armour at 35, and there are some really nice westerny/victorian/edwardian outfits.  My engineer is running around in a full pirate (not the cash shop one) armour set (not exactly steampunk, but not fantasy either).   

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:26:39 am by ktara » Logged

Warden
Deck Hand
Belgium Belgium

« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2012, 02:29:28 pm »

For those who like MMORPG, City of Steam looks promising, it's a free-to-play and browser-based steampunk-ish MMORPG that has just entered it's alpha stage:

City of Steam: Ebonwax Central: First Look
► WTF Is... - City of Steam ( Hyper WTF Edition )

And because this is too awesome not to share, here's one of the best trailers ever (caution may contains cheesy epicness):

City of Steam - POWER Steam

Also, for tower war aficionados, there's - braceyourselfforepicoriginalname - Tower Wars. Not a fan of the genre but at least, it looks kinda neat:

Tower Wars Trailer!

Where there's a whip, there's a way~
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:19 pm »

Is anyone here familiar with "Bastion". I wouldn't consider it to be quite steampunk but its definitely more technologically advanced than medieval fantasy. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world but has a very western tone, especially with its cynical world-weary narrator with a gruff voice ("the Kid"). I've heard its fantastic, and it also has a fantastic western-ish soundtrack.

Bastion OST~13. Spike in the Rail

Bastion OST~7. Terminal March
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2012, 07:38:40 pm »

City of Steam will be going into beta in November.  I played the Alpha a few months ago, and it's good as far as a browser game goes.  It looks incredible for what it is, and it wasn't too buggy.  I was surprised by it, and I had fun.  I'll be playing this in between other games.  Here's the thread about it:  http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36857.0.html
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #486 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50:15 pm »

A question for those playing Guild Wars 2.. is it any good?

I enjoyed GW right up until they introduced the NPCs, at which point the social aspect of gathering a party to hit a quest was killed and it turned into a poodle contest when the emphasis shofted to fancy costumes and the gameplay died.  That and the hopeless account security.  Is it worth getting the sequel?
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »

GW2 is good.  It's not the same old "talk to a guy, acccept the quest, do it and return" quest system.  There are areas with hearts that need completing, if you want to.  You get karma (a form of currency) for doing that and other things, and you don't have to worry about someone else kill-stealing your mob.  Everyone gets credit/loot/xp.  There's lots to do if you're an achievement hound, and the pvp is pretty good (I usually hate pvp).  You don't have to do 1-1 pvp if you don't like it.  There are areas for a lot vs a lot.

I'm playing it while waiting for The Repopulation.  I need a good sandbox, but as far as theme-parks go, GW2 is ok.

They'll probably have a sale on the game soon since it's near the holidays, give it a go Smiley If anything, it's free and something to pop into once in a while. 
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #488 on: November 10, 2012, 11:25:55 pm »

Thanks.. I'll give it a go when the price starts to drop.  I'll also keep an eye out for The Repopulation, that looks interesting.
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #489 on: November 14, 2012, 04:25:15 am »

City of Steam has closed beta keys:  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/26058/Get-Access-To-Closed-Beta   Nov 16-20, 30-Dec 4,14-18, 23-28

I can get 3 friend keys for Guild Wars 2 for this weekend.  Let me know if one is needed.
JAChill
Swab

« Reply #490 on: December 12, 2012, 02:51:04 pm »

definitely checking into that City of Steam thing.  Thanks for the heads up!

I have a blog HERE
I have some story things HERE
I have a steampunk book HERE
:I
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2012, 05:46:48 am »

definitely checking into that City of Steam thing.  Thanks for the heads up!

If you want a beta key, send me a PM.
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #492 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:21 pm »

There's a period naval game "Ironclads" available on Steam at a discount at the moment, looks like it's been about a wee while.  Several different naval conflicts represented in different versions.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #493 on: December 28, 2012, 09:16:24 pm »

I didn't get to finish it because a friend just showed it to me briefly yesterday on his iPad. But for those of you that have access, this is a very cool little game.

http://theultralinx.com/2012/12/room-ipad-app-store-game-year.html
gmx0
Deck Hand

Gravatar

Gentleman X to the Zeroth Degree

gmx0
« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

A tip of that hat to Rise of Legends. It was a hugely underrated RTS - still enjoyable if you can find the patches. I wouldn't say the races (besides the Vinci) were that creative, but the game play makes up for it.

I loved Rise of Legends! Unfortunately, the campaign is glitchy, or maybe thats because Im using a no-CD exe.

I think its a bit more original with its steampunk design, since its steampunk is more Italian than Victorian in nature with the Vinci (Da Vincipunk Tongue ). I also enjoyed Incan/Aztec powerhouse alien faction and Arabian magic faction.

I just played Crimson: Steam Pirates. Pretty awesome Chrome Web store game app!
http://harebrained-schemes.com/crimson/world/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:26:33 am by gmx0 » Logged

Skybard Coming Soon
elShoggotho
« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »

Flash game. Beware, it's hard. http://www.kongregate.com/games/Backward_pieS/dukes-and-dirigibles
Lokis_Tyro
Officer

« Reply #496 on: February 08, 2013, 08:41:54 pm »

Entered "Machinarium" in the search and nothing came up. So, Machinarium.
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #497 on: February 08, 2013, 10:27:49 pm »

I'm still lovin' Guns of Icarus Online, even if it's a touch more dieselpunk than steampunk..

ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #498 on: February 10, 2013, 02:39:00 am »

Entered "Machinarium" in the search and nothing came up. So, Machinarium.

Oh, I loved that game Smiley
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2013, 09:24:48 pm »

For an extremely steampunk gameplay experience, I have to suggest "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura."
I don't know if the game itself is available in a freeware version, but the soundtrack is, here:
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/sierra/media/media-soundtrack.html 
The game itself is an interesting mash-up of the fantasy genre in steampunk gear. The soundtrack adds to the overall mood of the game, being composed mainly for strings.
If you've never played it, you're in for a treat.

tried it and just found myself sick of it pretty quick.. just too repetitive like most rpgs.. its all linear multitasking..

Nice concept , cut scenes and idea and prob great in its day.

m
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: