The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 09:02:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Continent Library Seeking Steampunk Submissions  (Read 884 times)
AdventureMan
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:36:51 pm »

Greetings and salutations,

As I think I've mentioned somewhere, I am a publisher of classic adventure fiction, through my enterprise LOST CONTINENT LIBRARY. The specialty of the house is adventure fiction that was written or at least takes place prior to 1950. I started my company in 2002, inspired one day while in the history-laden city of Khartoum of the Sudan in the continent of Africa. Since that day, I have published five printed titles, as many electronic titles, and will be releasing the amazing METAMORPHOSIS( http://www.wonderoftheworlds.com) in three printed editions starting this autumn.

However, my company is presently best known as the publisher of Lost Continent Library Magazine, a download PDF publication dedicated to classic adventure and all pulp genres, as well as movies and other entertainment on the theme. Our readership is verifiably in the five figures every month. The magazine's original and primary purpose, in my vision, is to present fiction - both classic reprints and new. My goal is to promote new voices in the field and I am dedicated to that.

As many have before me, I recently discovered steampunk -- and discovered that I have shared the aesthetic all along. The movement will be around for a long time because it has been around for a long time, we are just living in the era of labels and catchphrases and finally one has been given. Because of this, I realize that Lost Continent Library Magazine must actively include the culture. I do not charge readers for the magazine, so this is not a money-making ploy. I simply believe that a recognizable steampunk presence would enhance the magazine and provide another opportunity for new voices to be heard.

Therefore, I would like to put the word out to writers that Lost Continent Library Magazine is accepting steampunk submissions with fervor and enthusiasm. We cannot pay. Our magazine, monthly and now exceeding 200 pages, is free to readers. I produce it, with the assistance of Michael Mott, by myself every month -- a true labor of love because I enjoy the hell out of it and am now addicted! However, we offer exposure to the very reading audience you are trying to reach. With steampunk submissions, we will expand our readership to a bigger audience, your audience. Our current readership is in the five figures every month -- and our past issues are being downloaded regularly, as well, which keeps any works appearing in those issues alive (not rotting away in a paper issue in some trash bin).

I enthusiastically welcome submissions and invite you all to check out the magazine for yourselves. You will see how, in merely nine months, LCL Magazine has developed into an experience many thousands are enjoying every month. Go to:  http://www.mottimorphic.com and scroll down. You'll see the covers. Click on any of them and you'll receive a free PDF copy on the spot.

If you're interested in submitting fiction, or even an article, please email me for guidelines at:
lostcontinentlib3@yahoo.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

WALTER BOSLEY
Publisher

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: