The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 03:49:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret of the Amazon Queen & Tropic of Despair  (Read 1371 times)
AdventureMan
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:52:54 am »

I would like to invite all of you to read my novels which are serialized in my free magazine,
Lost Continent Library:    http://www.mottimorphic.com

SECRET OF THE AMAZON QUEEN is set in 1872 and is a variation of H Rider Haggard's 'SHE' with more adult themes, to put it lightly. This is the first of my 'Julius Corbin' novels (there will be five, I'm working on the third now).  Corbin leads three others on a journey to find two lost explorers in the Mato Grosso and they are captured by Amazon soldiers, whose irresistible queen takes a liking to handsome, stalwart Corbin. This one begins in Issue 2 of the magazine and is in three parts.

TROPIC OF DESPAIR is the second, set in 1881, and features Corbin leading the narrator and two other companions on a journey through hidden ancient South America. The narrator is a wealthy young Scot with a dismal past now in love with a girl who inspires him to go adventuring and find his lost father. Of course, the sorceror Otto of Cappadocia and the lusty Trsae have other plans for him...
This one begins in Issue 5 of the magazine and is in four parts.

I write these under my pseudonym, 'E A Guest'. The first has been printed and can occasionally be found in bookstores, the second was printed in a limited run but will be available again soon. These are very much a blend of Haggard/Poe/Burroughs/Mundy with horror and sexual touches. Not for the weak nor for the nursery. I call them dark adventures, some call them Gothic adventures (as opposed to modern 'goth').

The third book, BLACK APPLES, is in progress right now...

If there is a way to post them here, please let me know how. My magazine is free, of course, but posting them here would be more convenient for you all, I guess.

Jaqhama
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Jet-biking across the multiverse

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:41:45 pm »

Bloody brilliant stuff mate.
I'm a big fan of Haggard and Burrough's etc myself.

Go post this up at : http://forum.sfreader.com/

The guys and gals there love the sort of stories in those magazines you've linked to.
There is also a published authors thread you can join.

What issue of LC are your Corbin stories in?
I looked in the first issue and didn't find any?

Cheers: Jaq.

AdventureMan
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:57:24 am »

Thanks for the good word! I will check out the link.

The Corbin books begin in Issue #2 and continue through Issue #8, the current issue.

Let me know what you think. I'll tell you which one I like better after you've read them.

Jaqhama
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Jet-biking across the multiverse

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:45:36 pm »

I'll print them out and read them when I've got some free time.

Doing a couple of writing gigs myself at the moment. Not enough hours in the day.

Cheers: Jaq.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: