The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 06:46:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure if it belongs here but...  (Read 3139 times)
Clockwork
« on: February 26, 2007, 06:15:41 am »

So I stumbled upon this site and was quite pleased and saddened.  Pleased because I love steampunk.  Saddened because there is no steampunk scene where I live.  anyway I figure I'll start my first post with the closest thing to steampunk I have on me which is some art work.  Enjoy!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/Cogwork/tat01.png
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 06:21:55 am »

At the moment, there isn't much of a scene anywhere, but we hope to remedy that.

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
Clockwork
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:29:46 am »

That's a shame.  Well hopefully me and some friends can help get it started in Georgia.
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

As many steps ahead of this claim as I want to be.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 06:40:50 am »

Ahhh, you know there is a bit of one in Portland, but it doesn't seem to know that, that is what it is. We have one maybe two industrial cafes, a variety of bridges, the best public transit system on the west coast (I think) Trains, and a wide variety of of industrial public art.

I think there is probably a lot more here than I know of to. It totally would not surprise me.
If anyone knows more about PDX Steampunk, by all means clue me in.

" 'I' Is For 'Infamy' "
Mad Salvager
Officer
United States United States

If it's not Heavy, we don't Want it

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 06:46:59 am »

I like that you posted in the tactile thread, can we come down and maybe add to it? Maybe glue on some brass gears and some LEDs? I love your tat, don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking at all and thanks for sharing. Wonderful!

Perhaps Tinkergirl would benefit from adding a body mod thread? I know that encompasses all sorts of doors that don't necessarily need to be opened here but it could be rather edifying..
TheClockWorkWasteland
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:01:03 am »

The line between human and machine blurs...
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:50:28 am »

I like that you posted in the tactile thread, can we come down and maybe add to it? Maybe glue on some brass gears and some LEDs? I love your tat, don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking at all and thanks for sharing. Wonderful!

Perhaps Tinkergirl would benefit from adding a body mod thread? I know that encompasses all sorts of doors that don't necessarily need to be opened here but it could be rather edifying..

I have a variety of Tattoos myself (mostly insanely intricate fractals )and I can honestly say "no, that door does not need to be opened"...everyone here will be fine if they don't see my inky skin.

Unless someone is installing a polished brass steampunk leg where recently they were a single or multiple amputee, I am not sure I care.

Mad Salvager
Officer
United States United States

If it's not Heavy, we don't Want it

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:08:05 am »

Hows about a tasteful and steampunk body mod fantasy thread though? Photoshopped mononasal magnifying devices, alter auricle listening tubes, that sort. There's enough of the real that we can find it easily. How about not our literal scaly skin but our imaginative what-if's? That's more the line I was going...but hey if there's a place for Steampunk tat's, and you've got a good one, why not?

~N
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:18:59 am »

I don't know about fantasy but I am negotiating with a microbiologist to culture some bio-luminescent cells for me so I can have them injected into my fractals...which would make me part jellyfish... 'Wink
Cryptovitas
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 08:35:12 am »

Ahhh, you know there is a bit of one in Portland, but it doesn't seem to know that, that is what it is. We have one maybe two industrial cafes, a variety of bridges, the best public transit system on the west coast (I think) Trains, and a wide variety of of industrial public art.

I think there is probably a lot more here than I know of to. It totally would not surprise me.

Portland Oregon or Portland Maine?
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 08:38:34 am »

Portland Oregon or Portland Maine?

Yes Mighty PDX...from what I hear at least. ...but where....that is taking me a little bit of time...and is it just going to be some corny mostly goth thing? I don't want to go anywhere where there will be 200 folks dresed identicaly..that goes against my flow.
Clockwork
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 04:04:48 pm »

Like I said I wasn't sure.  Thanks though and next time I'll make sure it's more steampunk and less biomechanical.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: