The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 03:03:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The inevitable Goon Show thread  (Read 4622 times)
Dr cornelius quack
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Arrant Carney. Phmebian Cultural Attache.

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 08:37:08 pm »

Pronounced "Psst."

Such are the feeble bases on which many a public character rests.

Today, I am two, separate Gorillas.
Outa_Spaceman
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 11:29:55 pm »

Help! I'm in a play under the floorboards...!
You must have got a really bad agent...
neon_suntan
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

The scribe wore black

neonsuntan
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2008, 11:32:01 pm »

"....it's a record?!"

"Put it on at once!"

Nnnneurghh

"It doesn't suit me at all"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:19:33 am by neon_suntan » Logged

Miimno
Snr. Officer
Syrian Arab Republic Syrian Arab Republic

Causality by any other name...

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2008, 02:50:45 am »

That's it!  You people are just being silly!
BTW, I just scored a point and am up 3,0 in Off Topic, so...

"On the way...difficulties and horrors, and extraordinary and wonderful things..." كتاب ألف ليلة وليلة
Order of the Brazen Dawn, charter member
Fate or Free Will survived the first 7 pages!
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2008, 02:02:41 pm »

In response to those who have questioned the steampunk credentials of the show:

The Shifting Sands :   A tale of the raj,  It's 1902. Seagoon must take plans of the union jack to north east India.  Unfortunately the fort there is drifting over the border into Waziristan due to being built on shifting sand...

The Great Wurlitzer :  Neddie attempts to break the Worlds land-speed record for organs.

Around the World in 80 days :  Neddie is challenged to an ageing race, he decides that by travelling around the world he can cross the dateline and beat Moriarty by one day.  He engages Dr Hans Eidleburger's horse-drawn zepplin.

The Red Fort :  Captain Hugh Jampton presents a tale of India. Delhi 1857, The native regiments have discovered that their cartridges have been greased with banana skins, unfortunately the banana is considered a sacred animal.

The Reason Why :  A true story,  the tale of the voyage of Cleopatras needle. Terrifyingly close to the truth.

Under Two Floorboards, a tale of the legion :   A retelling of Beau Geste, a story of honour and stupidity.

The Great Regents Park Swim :  It is 1830. Doctor Hans Eidelburger invents a green liquid called swimming.

King Solomons Mines : Lord Seagoon - impoverished - seeks his fortune in Africa.

The Albert Memorial : Professor Seagoon plans to launch the first Albert Memorial to the moon.

Shangri La Again :   Seagoon flees Manchuria before a Japanese invasion, the plane crashes amid the Himalaya

The Macreekie rising of '74 : The English steal the Red Hairy Caber of the clan Macreekie, trouble ensues.

That was the sound of the human race - resignation forms are now available.

"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2008, 07:03:01 pm »

And some more of my favourites...

The Terrible Revenge of Fred Fu-Manchu: Fred Fu-Manchu, the disappointed Oriental bamboo saxophonist, wreaks his wrath on the metal saxophones of England.

Scradge: A weakening on Britain's deposits of Scradge spells widespread boot explosions. Neddie Seagoon is on the case.

The Curse of Frankenstein: A dying Scottish lord promises his fortune to the first man to play the bagpipes at the South Pole. The race is on.

The Siege of Fort Night: Although under siege from the monsoons and the Kurds, the beleaguered garrison at Fort Night have plenty of ammunition and soldiers. The rations they have are ample. However, raw ample is a fatal food. Cue Seagoon to deliver a portable underwater gas stove.

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2008, 07:28:58 pm »

"They're right underneath, Moriarty. Release the piano!"

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Ironman
Gunner

Engineer Zacharia Glass

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2008, 07:33:15 pm »

Slow down you fools the wallpapers coming off for the inside of bluebottles head!
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2008, 08:31:31 pm »

"Our only recreation was to climb on each others' shoulders, and look through a tiny crack in Eccles' head!"

"Call a meeting of those people we keep specially for meetings!"
Outa_Spaceman
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 12:18:33 am »

Let's not loose sight of the incredible inventions...
Like, for instance...
The Steam Powered Hairless Toupee...
neon_suntan
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

The scribe wore black

neonsuntan
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2008, 11:26:33 am »

Let's not loose sight of the incredible inventions...
Like, for instance...
The Steam Powered Hairless Toupee...

or the electrified elephant hammock Smiley
Myrtonos
Swab

Australia Australia

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2017, 04:44:49 am »

I have something special for Australian Goon Show fans, please email me. If you don't know my email address, message me yours.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2017, 12:01:32 pm »

I have something special for Australian Goon Show fans, please email me. If you don't know my email address, message me yours.

I am deeply, deeply disappointed that this is only for Australian fans, otherwise I would, of course, be delighted to send my email address to a total stranger who has posted this generous offer literally within minutes of joining the forum.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2017, 01:22:54 pm »

...but why don't you already know this trolls persons email address?! Come on! It's bs@fullacrap.com!

Cheesy

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: