The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 05:55:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you deal with the inevitable hecklings?  (Read 184650 times)
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2150 on: August 06, 2015, 02:57:09 pm »

I know, I know. But one does not kick an angry quadriplegic out of a wheelchair purely because they are being obtuse. It's beneath me to do so.

I would liken it to dealing with doorstep evangelicals. My personal faith is a private matter but I would postulate even for the devout; someone turning up on your doorstep informing you that you simply are not devout enough would get a little tiresome after a while. There is a wave of apathy that washes over people when they realise that whatever they do or say, will do nothing to improve this given situation.

When your confronted (in my case) by an angry ball of intellectually stunted. The problem is, there is no mystery; I know why it is saying what it's saying, I know the reaction it hopes to accomplish and it is failing at both, mainly due to it's own stupidity.

I call it the resigned apathetic wave. One which I'm feeling more and more these days. It may have a better title in other languages. 

Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2151 on: August 06, 2015, 06:00:23 pm »

4 yoofs called out
"you look like freaks"

my response
"Thank you. I see you're all wearing your adidas tops and your adidas trousers and your asides trainers like sheep!"

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #2152 on: August 06, 2015, 08:32:25 pm »

Better a freak than a clone.

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #2153 on: August 07, 2015, 07:29:39 am »

Ironically, I go to an Evangelical-type church. They're used to my eccentricities.

What do we want? Decapitations!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: