The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 03:43:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lines from steampunk versions of the movies  (Read 12114 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 11:46:53 pm »

Lord of the ring:'' You shalln't pass,**Rifle boum**''

Duke nukem but i think this was first said in a movie :'' I love two thing: Chewing Gum and spill some strapnel. Infortunately, i have no chewing gum''

Apocalypse now:''I love the smell of steam in the morning''

Star war:
'''Lord Van Door ?''

''Yes, master ?''

''Rise...and walk. HE LIVE, HE LIVE, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!''
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:55:52 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Linners
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 04:34:59 pm »

This is incredible, is it not? I do believe this shall be some sort of record-breaking feat! Everyone shows affection for a flexible weighted spring toy, you must aquire a flexible weighted spring toy, spring toy, spring toy, maneuver, spring toy, maneuver!

Human tails? Humans do not possess tails. They possess large posteriors... on which they wear rather offensive trousers... and walk about, exclaiming, "Salutations, Helen!"
A.G.Morgan
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Mechanocycle rider of Indian Territory

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 05:40:19 pm »

You lost me there Mr. Linners.

"How much ammo have we?!"
"Three full cylinders and my swingin' spanner!"

Get off the tracks! Here comes the train o' thought!
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 05:50:10 pm »

I rather think young Linners is quoting "Ace Ventura", coorect me if I'm wrong?

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
Ella Kremper
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Retro-Tech Dystopiac

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 05:58:45 pm »

"Incredibly weighty. What on earth could this be?"
"The components of what oneirology examines."
"I beg your pardon?"

- The Mechanical Falcon

Let's get a Bentley Speed Six and drive it through the middle of the forest.
R. Douglas Johnson
Officer
Scotland Scotland

Playwright, programmer & maker of text adventures

rdouglasjohnson
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 06:16:04 pm »

I can't do better than a line from an Edinburgh Fringe play I saw years ago called "The Adventures of Stoke Mandeville, Astronaut and Gentleman":

"We're seven million leagues from Earth, we've got a full coal-scuttle, it's dark, and we're smoking pipes!"

Linners
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 09:55:20 pm »

I rather think young Linners is quoting "Ace Ventura", coorect me if I'm wrong?
Indeed. I am quoting the awe and wonder that is Ace Ventura and Fern Gully.
A.G.Morgan
Snr. Officer

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 04:54:35 am »

Ah yes, now I am found.

"'I mean to disintegrate you in one minute, Ned. Or see you incinerated in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's Convenience. Which'll it be?'

'I call that bull talk for a one-eyed steam man!'

'Fill your hands you sunava bitch!'" (And the steam horses charge!)
Linners
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 03:11:40 pm »

Ah, I just notice- It's Ms. Linners. "Linners" is a nickname for Lindsey... or, at least, that is what most of my companions call me.
Linners
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 03:12:25 pm »

Ah, I just noticed- It's Ms. Linners. "Linners" is a nickname for Lindsey... or, at least, that is what most of my companions call me.
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 04:16:42 pm »

Your Majesty, we can not allow to be outnumbered on our quantity of shelters!"

heh.  after reading a bunch of quotes from Dr. STrangelove (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/quotes) , far too many of them are steampunk without even being changed.  I guess the madness goes well with both.

"President Merkin Muffley: How is it possible for this thing to be triggered automatically and at the same time impossible to untrigger?
Dr. Strangelove: Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.
"
A.G.Morgan
Snr. Officer

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 04:47:54 pm »

Ah, I just noticed- It's Ms. Linners. "Linners" is a nickname for Lindsey... or, at least, that is what most of my companions call me.

Oh. I beg your pardon Ma'am. I've never heard the nickname, and this being the internet I figure it's usually safe to guess someone is male. I'd never want to insult somebody's femaleness or manlyness on propose.
maxmordon
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 05:08:11 pm »

Your Majesty, we can not allow to be outnumbered on our quantity of shelters!"

heh.  after reading a bunch of quotes from Dr. STrangelove (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/quotes) , far too many of them are steampunk without even being changed.  I guess the madness goes well with both.

"President Merkin Muffley: How is it possible for this thing to be triggered automatically and at the same time impossible to untrigger?
Dr. Strangelove: Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.
"

Agreed. But steampunk or not, is an amazing film. I also feel that this Citizen Kane quote has some Steampunk-ish atmosphere:

"Legendary was Xanadu where Kubla Khan decreed his stately pleasure dome. Today, almost as legendary is Florida's Xanadu, world's largest private pleasure ground. Here, on the deserts of the Gulf Coast, a private mountain was commissioned and successfully built. One hundred thousand trees, twenty thousand tons of marble are the ingredients of Xanadu's mountain. Contents of Xanadu's palace: paintings, pictures, statues, the very stones of many another palace - a collection of everything so big it can never be catalogued or appraised, enough for ten museums - the loot of the world. Xanadu's livestock: the fowl of the air, the fish of the sea, the beast of the field and jungle. Two of each, the biggest private zoo since Noah. Like the pharaohs, Xanadu's landlord leaves many stones to mark his grave. Since the pyramids, Xanadu is the costliest monument a man has built to himself. Here in Xanadu last week, Xanadu's landlord was laid to rest, a potent figure of our century, America's Kubla Khan - Charles Foster Kane. [...] Alone in his never-finished, already decaying pleasure palace, aloof, seldom visited, never photographed, an emperor of new strength continued to direct his failing empire, varyingly attempted to sway as he once did the destinies of a nation that had ceased to listen to him, ceased to trust him. Then last week, as it must to all men, death came to Charles Foster Kane. "
Linners
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 05:42:36 pm »

Oh. I beg your pardon Ma'am. I've never heard the nickname, and this being the internet I figure it's usually safe to guess someone is male. I'd never want to insult somebody's femaleness or manlyness on propose.
Don't worry yourself. I just wanted to clear that up to avoid confusion. But yes, I have been mistaken for a male before- most people seem rather ambiguous when they do not have a gender-defining name.
A.G.Morgan
Snr. Officer

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 10:39:22 pm »

Or an avatar that hints. I find avatars can have a big influence on how I perceive someone over the internet. It gets kinda surreal when you find yourself conversing with a Civil war general, an anthropomorphic fox, and a talking Lima bean.

"'Pay no attention to the man in the cockpit! I am the Supreme AEther Lord OZ!'"
Nemo137
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:59 am »

"Analytical Engine Load Card? What in the blazes does that mean?"
Jennette Haber
Zeppelin Captain

Collector of Keys

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 08:05:39 pm »

"Brilliant!"
because dr. who is awsome

I was beginning to think wishing on stars was just for babies and crazy people...
lottie(princess and the frog)
The Master List of Steampunk webcomics [/cener
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »

It is by absinthe alone I set my mind in motion,
it is by the extract of wormwood that thoughts aquire color
the lips aquire babbling
the babbling becomes a warning
it is by absinthe alone I set my mind in motion

And from the same movie:

The steam must flow!

Marrock
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 03:40:11 am »

Not a movie line persay, but what I think is a fitting quote from one the the more famous, or even infamous, studio heads of all time.

"Let's bring it up to date with some snappy nineteenth century dialogue." --Samuel Goldwyn.
Sproggles
Deck Hand

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 01:54:54 pm »

"Please proceed, enhance my day."

"Life is like a tin full of cogs and gears, you never know what you're going to get". - Not very good but I actually used this.
NevilleYardley
Officer

mhsmith22
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 10:03:40 pm »

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he discharge 6 chambers, or was it only 5? Well, I rather forgot myself, what with all this excitement and all. But seeing that this is a .45 Civiliser, the most powerful hand-cannon in the Empire, and will blow your goggles clean off, you ought to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky?

"Well, do you... steampunk?"
I about cried at the sheer awesomeness of this quote.

"I WANT TO LEARN WHAT MUST BE KNOWN!"
~Schwarzwald
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 10:12:43 pm »

I don´t know how I missed this thread the first time around, good fun.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Kolinski Cheztocovich
Officer

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 10:22:07 pm »

Do You like our clockwork owl Mister Deckard?

Well I like science fiction - but I also like victoriana.
There's only one way to settle this...
NevilleYardley
Officer

mhsmith22
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »

"Professor, you're telling me you built a contraption that travels in time....out of a Zeppelin?"
randomjedi_1138
Zeppelin Captain

A fine young gentleman........

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 12:10:21 am »

Him - "I suggest we beat a hasty retreat, and let the records show this as a draw. Agreed? Why are we even discussing this matter"
Her - "My preference would be to decamp to a safe distance and destroy the site using a Thermobaric charge. That will guarantee our success"
Him - "Goodness, I like your plan better!"

"I'm well equipped for any eventually, as you can see. I am the pinnacle of martial prowess, you would definitely not want to interfere with me in any way........"

"Take a look at these, if you would! Separately dischargeable Tesla Beam clusters. Zzzzzap! One could incinerate half of London with that particular item, should the want arise! We also have Difference-Engine-powered mortars, cyclic Aetheric Bolt rifles, Prussian hand grenades, we have devices that could sterilise a man through sound alone! We also have thermobaric charges, large bayonets and .......sharp..... sticks"

"Why Ambassador, with these lime and orange tic-tacs you are really spoiling us!"
Baron Redmond Asmodeus Maycock - Ship's Ambassadoer, HMAS Discombobulus
Freelance Investigator of the Eldritch, Otherworldly and Unusual / *Purveyor of fine Teas*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: