The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 11:16:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lines from steampunk versions of the movies  (Read 11947 times)
Salty Carruthers
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2014, 11:19:51 am »

"What would an analytical engine do with a lifetime supply of chocolate?"
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:00 am »

The forth coming remake of a classic

Konan the Tea-duellist

"Incorrect my good man"
"Konan; theres a jolly chap, tell us what is best in all of life,"
"YOUR TEA RETAINS IT'S OPTIMUM THERMAL ENERGIES"
"SEE THAT ALL DUNK BEFORE YOU"
"AND, MY CHARMING FELLOW, TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THIER LADIES"

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:42 am »

(I know this one's been done previously, but I wanted to take a shot at it...)

"Edward, I demand knowledge vis–à–vis the location of the young damsel!"

"Upon our last meeting, she was in the bloom of good health. Of her current station, I've no remark."

"You shall remark upon it this instant, sir! Reveal her whereabouts immediately!"

(Offstage, commencing from the encampment of the brigands):  "Ho, Chanticleer, remove yourself! Madeline is within my grasp! The fugitive Chaney is likewise detained in my custody!"

"So, cockerel, is it your intention to vouchsafe our passage upon the path? I regret that my affairs require my presence hence."

"Of the Farrell siblings I vouchsafe passage, as they remain at present uninvolved with my métier. They shall retain full health if they absent themselves."

(They decline by means of unseemly vocalizations.)

"Reveal your purpose, Chanticleer! You would chance upon odds of four against one?"

"One moment hence my purpose is to assist you in shuffling off this mortal coil, Edward. Alternately, I would witness you upon the gallows at Smith's Garrison if Judge Smith is amenable. Either, at your pleasure, sir."

"Ho! 'Tis indeed braggadocio issuant from a cyclopean, whale-like chap!"

(Affronted): "Charge thy grip, mongrel-spawn!"
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2014, 12:02:24 pm »

"Of a chap belonging to that name, sir, I've no acquaintance. Might you describe his countenance?"

"He is a fellow of foreshortened stature, of truculent mien. Of note as well he is possessed of a spoilt topmost labia oris, resultant upon being pierced by my own projectile."

"Egad, man, in the topmost labia oris? If I may dare inquire, sir, what was your intended mark?"

"The villain's bottom-most labia oris."
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2014, 12:10:02 pm »

"The construct possesses signaling and self-sustaining processes! The construct possesses signaling and self-sustaining processes!"
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2014, 12:19:44 pm »

"Upon rousing myself from the grasp of Morpheus, one long-gone dawn, by means of a .577 Nitro Express cartridge I caused a pachyderm to be felled in my sleeping gown. What remains a mystery is the means by which said pachyderm happened to be adorned with my sleeping gown."
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »

"Your personage shall fall into my grasp, ma jolie; likewise your petit chien shall not be precluded!"
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »

"I beseech you becalm yourselves, I beseech you becalm yourselves! You've yet to experience an auditory experience the likes of which are about to grace your ears!"
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2014, 06:29:05 pm »

(I know this one's been done previously, but I wanted to take a shot at it...)

"Edward, I demand knowledge vis–à–vis the location of the young damsel!"

"Upon our last meeting, she was in the bloom of good health. Of her current station, I've no remark."

"You shall remark upon it this instant, sir! Reveal her whereabouts immediately!"

(Offstage, commencing from the encampment of the brigands):  "Ho, Chanticleer, remove yourself! Madeline is within my grasp! The fugitive Chaney is likewise detained in my custody!"

"So, cockerel, is it your intention to vouchsafe our passage upon the path? I regret that my affairs require my presence hence."

"Of the Farrell siblings I vouchsafe passage, as they remain at present uninvolved with my métier. They shall retain full health if they absent themselves."

(They decline by means of unseemly vocalizations.)

"Reveal your purpose, Chanticleer! You would chance upon odds of four against one?"

"One moment hence my purpose is to assist you in shuffling off this mortal coil, Edward. Alternately, I would witness you upon the gallows at Smith's Garrison if Judge Smith is amenable. Either, at your pleasure, sir."

"Ho! 'Tis indeed braggadocio issuant from a cyclopean, whale-like chap!"

(Affronted): "Charge thy grip, mongrel-spawn!"

That sounds like A Game of thrones!

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2014, 06:31:37 pm »

To be honest my good lady, I could not care a vermin's posterior!
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2014, 02:18:51 am »

A Game of Grit? Yes, it does have possibilities...
Heckler
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2014, 09:24:13 am »

Tell me sir, do I offer you entertainment of a humorous nature?  Is it the way I converse?  Perhaps I find myself befuddled, but am I a buffoon here to offer humorous entertainment, do I offer jests?  What do you mean I am humorous, humorous in what manner?

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Call of Cthulhu"
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2014, 04:47:52 pm »

"As of this instance we appear to find ourselves in conflict with living and quite aggressive opposition. Therefore, Gentlemen, even if the diminutive heroine from Little Red Riding Hood should make an appearance weilding an Aether powered, high velocity projectile, I would expect you to give her a damn good thrashing"

"May I purchase, for any of the quims here gathered, a refreshing alcoholic beverage?"

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:52 am »

..... and all these moments gone;
                like tea leaves down the drain............
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2014, 02:22:20 am »

I don't know if it was done before but.....(note the following don't reflect any personal taste of mine):

-Edward, a doubt haunt me, how old are you

-18 years old

- Since when, pray tell.

- I'm afraid Bella than i shall say a while.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2014, 10:49:14 pm »

I know full well what you are asking yourself, you young rascal.

You are asking yourself "has he fired all of his rounds, or has he one or more in reserve?"

Indeed, I must admit to you that I got quite carried away in all this excitement, and I have lost all count.

But this being a repeating elephant gun, probably the most powerful hand-portable firearm in the world, and one whose rounds will quite easily remove your head and shoulders from the rest of your mortal coil, you really ought to ask yourself this question: "is this my lucky day?"

Well, young ragamuffin, is this your lucky day?

--
Keith
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »

I know full well what you are asking yourself, you young rascal.

You are asking yourself "has he fired all of his rounds, or has he one or more in reserve?"

Indeed, I must admit to you that I got quite carried away in all this excitement, and I have lost all count.

But this being a repeating elephant gun, probably the most powerful hand-portable firearm in the world, and one whose rounds will quite easily remove your head and shoulders from the rest of your mortal coil, you really ought to ask yourself this question: "is this my lucky day?"

Well, young ragamuffin, is this your lucky day?

Another Clint Eastwood fan?

I have a very particular revolver control belief, my good fellow,
If there is a revolver in the room with me, then it must be in m hands, under my control.

Good sir, I tried to be reasonable with you, but alas I could not keep up the pretense!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:34:38 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
pakled05
Officer

« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »

"Well, look who knows so much? It so happens the cretin is only mostly dead. If he were completely dead, there would only be one course of action."

"And that would be?

"Examine his waistcoat for secret devices. Now, if he is mostly dead, he is also, in effect, slightly alive. Which means he could be reanimated."

I could go on, but I'm sure someone's already transcribed this already...Wink
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2014, 08:48:13 pm »

Jacob, my boy, Are you supposed to be one of our special class?
Good sir, I am one of your class!
pfft, my boy, I have seen pups still suckling there mother that have more in common with our class.

Sorry not a quote, just poking fun at twilight flaga (spits of floor to shift the taste)
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2014, 12:12:14 am »

...of all the drinking and carousing establishments, which perchance, happen to be in any of the towns in all of the cities anywhere upon the globe; she decides to promenade herself into my very own...
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2014, 09:16:48 am »

You know how to whistle, don't you? You shovel in enough coal, wait for the boiler to reach temperature, then pull that lever there...

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Heckler
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2014, 09:21:03 am »

There are a limited subset of chaps in this world, there are those with a fully charged aether blaster and those who shovel, you sir will be shoveling.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:31 pm »

There are a limited subset of chaps in this world, there are those with a fully charged aether blaster and those who shovel, you sir will be shoveling.

Good sir, I will return!

We did not halt our untimely destruction, we only delayed the inevitable.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:52:19 pm by CPT_J_Percell » Logged
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »

"Pray, pardon me one moment whilst I extract something from within my pantaloons."

walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »

Is that a silver chased pistol with an inlaid grip in your pocket, or are you merely overjoyed at the sight of me?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: